WELCOME TO MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG

Welcome to my ever-expanding blog site. I trust you are enjoying your day. I invite you to browse the site, read the articles and enjoy my photography. Your opinion counts, so please leave a comment at the end of the posts. If you enjoy reading these blogs, feel free to pass the link on to any friends you think would also enjoy it.

The purpose of this blog site is 3-fold: a place for sharing general information, a place to share about spiritual matters that will help move us toward a healthier inner life and a place where I can talk about my business and the products that can help us experience better health. Note: This section, though still on the blog for you to read, is no longer relevant to me as I am no longer in business since I retired in 2010

Thank you for dropping by. I trust you will consider your visit worthwhile. This site is a 'work in progress', sometimes changing by the minute, so come back soon to see what's new on MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG.

God bless you today and every day. Remember, "A joyful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22-NASB). Blessings and health to you and yours.

Diane

Note: Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog taken by Diane Stephenson

Monday, September 21, 2009

WHATEVER IT TAKES?


As a Networker have you ever said "I'll do whatever it takes"? You've certainly heard it. This was a recent post on BetterNetworker, with this question following: Do you think this willingness to do 'whatever' it takes to make it is part of what turns people off to us networkers?

First, I want to say that no matter how badly I need something, I am not willing to "do anything" to get it. "Anything" is a pretty big category. "Anything" could mean...anything!

What I am not willing to do:

I am not willing to compromise my principles or my faith.

I am not willing to do anything illegal.

I am not willing to sacrifice what is most precious in my life.

I am not willing to ride over others, to knock them down, to use them simply for my own benefit.

I am not willing to look at others merely as instruments to be discarded after I have what I want from them.

I do not want to succeed if I can't take others with me and show them how to succeed. No, I am not willing to "do whatever it takes".

What I am willing to do:

I am willing to work.

I am willing to ask for help.

I am willing to teach others what I have learned.

I am willing to live out my dream, to keep seeking it if I haven't found it yet.

I am willing to ask for guidance and direction when I am unsure of myself.

I am willing to learn new things.

I am willing to make changes where change is necessary to my success.

Remember, success cannot be measured merely on a financial basis. Zig Ziglar once said, "I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considerd successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles."

Integrity is a must. If we do not operate on ethical principles and methods, eventually we will find others treating us in the same manner we treat them - unethically and without integrity. We may just find ourselves alone out there with no friends, no support. But when we reach out a hand to someone in need, there will be someone there to reach out a hand when we are in need. We will have lasting friendships and wonderful, caring business associates.

That is the true measure of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment