WELCOME TO MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG

Welcome to my ever-expanding blog site. I trust you are enjoying your day. I invite you to browse the site, read the articles and enjoy my photography. Your opinion counts, so please leave a comment at the end of the posts. If you enjoy reading these blogs, feel free to pass the link on to any friends you think would also enjoy it.

The purpose of this blog site is 3-fold: a place for sharing general information, a place to share about spiritual matters that will help move us toward a healthier inner life and a place where I can talk about my business and the products that can help us experience better health. Note: This section, though still on the blog for you to read, is no longer relevant to me as I am no longer in business since I retired in 2010

Thank you for dropping by. I trust you will consider your visit worthwhile. This site is a 'work in progress', sometimes changing by the minute, so come back soon to see what's new on MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG.

God bless you today and every day. Remember, "A joyful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22-NASB). Blessings and health to you and yours.

Diane

Note: Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog taken by Diane Stephenson

Monday, September 21, 2009

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WORD MAKES!


What a difference a word makes! In 1882, George Matheson penned the words to what later became a well-loved hymn: O Love That Will Not Let Me Go. One line, "I climb the rainbow through the rain" did not pass the judgment of the hymnal committee of the Church of Scotland and so they voted to change it, saying it just wouldn't do. But by doing this, they changed Mr. Matheson's message. To those who know the hymn, they will know the line as: "I trace the rainbow through the rain".

Climb: scale, rise, ascend, increase, soar.

Trace:determine, follow, discover.

Do you see the difference? As you pursue your dream, be it a successful business, a home, a family, which would you say you are doing? Climbing? Or tracing?

I would much rather climb the rainbow than follow it. Rainbows are elusive. We all know about that pot of gold at the rainbow's end. We also know it cannot be found.

Rainbows quickly fade. Have you ever watched when a rainbow appears, how it brightens, then gradually fades into nothingness? If you are following it, where do you go when it disappears? But if you are climbing it, that means you have actually reached it, touched it, and are using it to reach the heights.

I would recommend the book Climbing the Rainbow by Lloyd J. Ogilvie © 1993 by Word Publishing. The book's subtitle is Claiming God's Promises In The Storms Of Life. A small book, it is an easy read, and well worth the time it takes to read it.

Will you climb the rainbow with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment