WELCOME TO MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG

Welcome to my ever-expanding blog site. I trust you are enjoying your day. I invite you to browse the site, read the articles and enjoy my photography. Your opinion counts, so please leave a comment at the end of the posts. If you enjoy reading these blogs, feel free to pass the link on to any friends you think would also enjoy it.

The purpose of this blog site is 3-fold: a place for sharing general information, a place to share about spiritual matters that will help move us toward a healthier inner life and a place where I can talk about my business and the products that can help us experience better health. Note: This section, though still on the blog for you to read, is no longer relevant to me as I am no longer in business since I retired in 2010

Thank you for dropping by. I trust you will consider your visit worthwhile. This site is a 'work in progress', sometimes changing by the minute, so come back soon to see what's new on MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG.

God bless you today and every day. Remember, "A joyful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22-NASB). Blessings and health to you and yours.

Diane

Note: Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog taken by Diane Stephenson

Monday, September 28, 2009

CASE CLOSED!


More and more I'm either reading or hearing an expression that causes me to tremble for those who believe it to be true. It's New Age, it's deception, it's a denial of the God who loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for us. And these people are so blinded they cannot see the forest for the trees (no disrespect intended to the Lord). In other words, they cannot see the Creator for the creation.

What is this expression? "Give out to the Universe and the Universe will give back to you whatever you desire", or some similar phrase. What, exactly, do they believe this so-called Universe is, I wonder? How do they expect something inanimate to have the ability to help them even in the smallest way? To even recognize that they exist, that they have needs, that they are reaching out to it for help and support?

In Bleak House, Charles Dickens has one of his characters, Harold Skimpole, comment that Ada, a young ward of the courts, is a "child of the Universe". Mr. Jarndyce, with whom she lives, responds to his friend that he believes the Universe makes a rather indifferent parent. I agree. Not much love displayed there. At least none that I have ever discovered. No messages have ever arrived from it, no books to guide, no relationships developed, no intelligent communication whatsoever. What kind of parent is that? What kind of benefactor can the Universe ever prove to be?

I'm so glad that "God so loved the world that He gave His only Son" (John 3:16). Thank the Lord that He has provided us with a Book of instructions on how to become part of His family, how to grow in Him, how to receive all His benefits and blessings, how to prepare for eternity before it's too late. Praise God that He is a true Father to His children, that He loves us dearly, that He has planned our future with our good in mind, that He continues to communicate with His people and build relationships with us.

The Universe? I think not. As Joshua said, "Choose you this day whom ye will serve...As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:15). And I say, "AMEN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment