WELCOME TO MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG

Welcome to my ever-expanding blog site. I trust you are enjoying your day. I invite you to browse the site, read the articles and enjoy my photography. Your opinion counts, so please leave a comment at the end of the posts. If you enjoy reading these blogs, feel free to pass the link on to any friends you think would also enjoy it.

The purpose of this blog site is 3-fold: a place for sharing general information, a place to share about spiritual matters that will help move us toward a healthier inner life and a place where I can talk about my business and the products that can help us experience better health. Note: This section, though still on the blog for you to read, is no longer relevant to me as I am no longer in business since I retired in 2010

Thank you for dropping by. I trust you will consider your visit worthwhile. This site is a 'work in progress', sometimes changing by the minute, so come back soon to see what's new on MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG.

God bless you today and every day. Remember, "A joyful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22-NASB). Blessings and health to you and yours.

Diane

Note: Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog taken by Diane Stephenson

Thursday, September 17, 2009

DREAM OR NIGHTMARE?

What picture breaks into your mind at the mention of the word dream? Does it bring dread at the thought of nightmares you remember as clearly as if they had really happened? Or perhaps you recall a dream that ended all too soon it was so beautiful. Do you think of your greatest wish in life, your dream home, dream car, etc.? You might also think of daydreams, fairy tales you have woven in your imagination that you know will never come true.

People need dreams to survive in the often harsh circumstances they live in. If there is nothing to hope for, there is nothing to live for. If you're as old as me, you might remember the line in the song Happy Talk from South Pacific: You've gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream, then how ya gonna have a dream come true? Good advice! Do you have a dream?

Gage Canadian Thesaurus defines 'dream' as a verb: build castles in the air, conjure, daydream, fantasize. It can also mean think, visualize, imagine. 'Dream' as a noun has a number of interesting synonyms: ambition, aspiration, beauty, heart's desire, goal, hope, vision. This is the dream to which I allude.

What is your heart's desire? To what do you aspire? Are you working toward a worthy goal? More money, perhaps? A better job? Fame? Power? Happiness? Throughout the ages people have followed their dreams, some to a disastrous end, others to marvelous fulfillment. What makes the difference?

Often a person dreams of things far too lofty to be attainable in comparison to his willingness and ability to work towards it. Want to be a famous singer, but not willing to practise for hours every day? The result is predictable. No fame. Is your desire for wealth proportionate to your  consistency in putting a plan into action? If not, poverty or mediocrity may continue for the rest of your life.

The difference between winners and losers, those who realize their dreams and those who don't, usually has nothing to do with ability or circumstances. Losers say, "If only I had...", or "If only that hadn't happened", "If only my parents had...", "If everything wasn't always against me." On the other hand, winners say, "I can and I will", "No matter if this or that happened in my past. I will overcome those obstacles." Winners will use those roadblocks as stepping stones to the next level of achievement.

It's a matter of mind.

It's a matter of discipline.

It's a matter of persistence.

It's a matter of passion.

It's your choice. Will you live your dream?

1 comment:

  1. The word "dream" brings to mind both goals/aspirations and the nightmares that I have while sleeping. The good thing is that even though both things are brought to mind, I can then choose which one I want to consider my worldview through.

    You're right- it IS a matter of choice. We have that kind of power!

    ReplyDelete