WELCOME TO MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG

Welcome to my ever-expanding blog site. I trust you are enjoying your day. I invite you to browse the site, read the articles and enjoy my photography. Your opinion counts, so please leave a comment at the end of the posts. If you enjoy reading these blogs, feel free to pass the link on to any friends you think would also enjoy it.

The purpose of this blog site is 3-fold: a place for sharing general information, a place to share about spiritual matters that will help move us toward a healthier inner life and a place where I can talk about my business and the products that can help us experience better health. Note: This section, though still on the blog for you to read, is no longer relevant to me as I am no longer in business since I retired in 2010

Thank you for dropping by. I trust you will consider your visit worthwhile. This site is a 'work in progress', sometimes changing by the minute, so come back soon to see what's new on MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG.

God bless you today and every day. Remember, "A joyful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22-NASB). Blessings and health to you and yours.

Diane

Note: Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog taken by Diane Stephenson

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NOSTALGIA


A few months ago my elementary school held a birthday party--an amazing 90 years old and still educating new generations of children. It was great to see people I had not seen in decades. As we entered the gym where the opening session was held we searched for empty seats. There weren't many available, but we found two together. As I sat down I glanced at the name tag on the lady sitting next to me and discovered someone who used to live next door to us when I was a young teenager. I cannot remember when I last saw her, but I would have still been in my teens. A long time.

It brought back memories of long-ago times. Fellow-students. Teachers. Activities such as Kindergarten rhythm band and Grade 7 girls choir. The fact that my Grade 8 teacher had been my mother's Grade 8 teacher back in the 1920s. Swinging on the tubular bars on the front lawn of the school. Of tripping over a low wire "fence" while running after the ball during a baseball game. I still have the scar on my knee from the contact with gravel. Hopscotch. Red Rover. Red Cross meetings with "talent" time. A visiting minister to teach from the Bible.

A fun day which I'm glad I didn't miss. They're already planning the 100th anniversary when they will open the time capsule. I didn't know they had time capsules back then, but it will be interesting to see what they placed there. Hopefully I'll be able to attend, but who knows? After all, I'll be 74 by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment