WELCOME TO MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG

Welcome to my ever-expanding blog site. I trust you are enjoying your day. I invite you to browse the site, read the articles and enjoy my photography. Your opinion counts, so please leave a comment at the end of the posts. If you enjoy reading these blogs, feel free to pass the link on to any friends you think would also enjoy it.

The purpose of this blog site is 3-fold: a place for sharing general information, a place to share about spiritual matters that will help move us toward a healthier inner life and a place where I can talk about my business and the products that can help us experience better health. Note: This section, though still on the blog for you to read, is no longer relevant to me as I am no longer in business since I retired in 2010

Thank you for dropping by. I trust you will consider your visit worthwhile. This site is a 'work in progress', sometimes changing by the minute, so come back soon to see what's new on MY HEALTHY LIVING BLOG.

God bless you today and every day. Remember, "A joyful heart is good medicine" (Proverbs 17:22-NASB). Blessings and health to you and yours.

Diane

Note: Unless otherwise noted, all photos on this blog taken by Diane Stephenson

Thursday, July 30, 2009

ATTITUDE AND HEALTHY LIVING

You may be wondering what yesterday's post has to do with healthy living. Well, since you asked...The word is "Attitude". There was a time when something like that would have upset me greatly. I would have muttered all kinds of negative things: Why did this have to happen to me? Now what am I going to do? Nothing ever goes right for me!

Sound familiar? I hope not, but I'm sure many people have been in that place at some point in their lives. However yesterday I simply got into the car again and aimed it back to St. Thomas. I told my friend that now she was getting a double ride. Aside from the fact that she was at first really upset about the whole dilemma, then blamed herself for not telling me to leave my purse in the car with her, I think she finally settled her mind and enjoyed the rest of the journey and the fact that she didn't have to go home so early.

Attitude: stance, mindset, outlook,mood, approach (from Gage Canadian Thesaurus). According to the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language (online), attitude is 'A state of mind or a feeling; disposition'. It's "A frame of mind affecting one's thoughts or behavior" according to an online thesaurus. The online Mnemonic Dictionary says attitude is "a complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways". I think you get the picture. As you can see, the cat has an 'attitude'!

Healthy living is accomplished in part by nurturing healthy attitudes. Negative thoughts and words have a negative effect on our bodies, our minds, our emotions, our spirits. And on those around us. Yes, our attitudes can have a powerful effect, not only on those in close relationship with us but also in casual interchanges with people we may not even know. Like someone in line ahead of us at the store. Or the teller at the bank.

A positive, joyful and hopeful outlook is contagious. Have you ever felt a little depressed (I'm not talking clinical depression here) then someone with a cheerful attitude comes along, says a few uplifting words and your whole perspective changes in those few moments. Suddenly you can laugh again in spite of your troubles. The sun begins to shine anew into your spirit.

We have a choice in life: to live life with a positive approach or to create a negative atmosphere wherever we go. I much prefer to be happy, to laugh, to be able to lift others up and bring joy into their lives. There are enough negative things and situations and people in this world that it doesn't need another in me.

What is your attitude?

No comments:

Post a Comment